Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Full Moon Theory

Ok, so I've never been one of the people that believed a full moon can affect the behavior of people and animals. Now I'm a Paranormal Investigator and I believe in ghosts, demons, and angels. I 50/50 on UFO's and wouldn't rule out BigFoot all together but come on... the moon changing the way people act? Don't be ridiculous!

Or maybe not... So I am running a mundane errand this morning and driving out of our neighborhood. We have a creek across the street from us and to get out of the neighborhood we drive over it. On both sides it's woods, rocks, and water. Not deep water unless it's raining hard but enough. As I'm driving I see a teenager climbing up out of the wooded area out of the creek over the guardrail... and he has a rope in his hand. Not the most normal thing to see. I asked some friends for advice since it was so odd and we agreed I should call the police. So I call the non emergency number. They were not impressed with Creek Boy and blew me off. I have a friend who has a cop in her family so I let her know that if they find a body around here I maybe helpful in the investigation!

So I go on about my day a bit creeped out by Creek Boy. I had a Therapy appointment today so I walked in and sat in the waiting room. Sitting across from me is a lady holding a beautiful baby girl. She was so tiny and cute. I asked how old the baby was and mom said she was 3 weeks old. I said she was adorable and figured the interaction was over... OH NO! Not even close. I've posted about the people in the waiting room before but this tops them all! The lady looks at me and says "I had to let my ex take my teenagers. I can't provide for them like they need. I'm doing it all on my own with this baby. I lost my old cell phone so I can't contact her father since his number was on it. He doesn't even know about her yet!" I sympathetically said "I'm sorry to hear that. That must be hard" Conversation over? Nope! She tells me she is 38 and has 3 kids well except for all the abortions she had to get but this little girl is her miracle baby. I was a bit shocked by that but who am I to judge her and her decisions. Reminding myself of a recent sermon I heard and that God sees her as good and worth dying for. I would just say she was crazy. She then tells me (again) she is 38 and had an emergency C-section. At this point I pick up my cell phone thinking maybe if I look busy she'll stop talking! No such luck. What came out of her mouth next was beyond TMI. This is your warning... She says "I think I have an infection because I have a strange odor coming from my vagina." Is there an appropriate thing to say to that? So I smile and said you should call your doctor. At this point I'm thankful shes at a Therapist office because she is CLEARLY in the right place. She tells me the baby is sick and she has to change her diaper. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WAITING ROOM SHE CHANGES A BLOW OUT DIARRHEA DIAPER! At this point I'm just at a loss for words. She finishes changing the diaper, stands up and puts the baby in my arms! She says "here you hold her while I wash my hands" and she leaves the room. Now I'm pretty open about being in Therapy and anybody who knows me knows I'm a safe person to leave an infant with... However this woman doesn't know me! She handed a stranger in the waiting room of a mental health office her new born child and left the room! This sweet little baby was crying and fussy. I'm holding her and rocking and doing the "mommy thing" and the baby calms down and falls asleep. The woman walks back in and says "WOW! You calmed her right down!" I got to hand her the baby back and she says "no she's happy with you. You hold her"

So here I am holding this strangers baby and the head doctor came out. He looked at me and said "I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congrats she's beautiful!" So I say the baby isn't mine she's hers and pointed at the lady. I'm now giving the doctor the "HELP ME" look. So the lady looks at him and says "My son says I'm too old to breastfeed." He smiled and said men are pretty clueless about that stuff and she should talk to the baby's doctor. He walked towards the back of the waiting room and was just kinda paying attention to what is going on. Meanwhile I'm still holding the baby! Then this lady looks at me and says "so what are you here for? What's your diagnosis?" At this point the doctor (who I wasn't there to see) calls my name and says he's ready for me. So I hand her the baby and shockingly she took her! I walked in the doctors office and asked if he needed to see me and he said "nope! But it looked like you needed some help!" I waited there for a couple of minutes until my therapist was ready for me.

I drive home in disbelief of what just happened. I get home and think FINALLY! I'm with my own normal kinda crazy people! Now anybody who knows me at all knows about my very loved and very misbehaved dog Boogie. Boogie hates our cat. If the cat shows her face on the steps Boogie will bark and do anything he can to get to her. If he gets upstairs we have to fight to get him back down. He hides under our bed and we end up playing chase for awhile. We didn't have the gate on the steps and the cat came down. Boogie sees her and calmly walks over to her and gets on the steps. He just stands there and stares at her and sniffs her. Then he walks up the steps and the cat follows. We wait for a second. No barking, no running around... nothing. Boogie on his own strolls back down the steps and lays down. It has been his mission from day one to get this cat! Now they are getting along?!

I am now a firm believer in "The Full Moon Theory"

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! That is weird! But it made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great day, eh? Fun to read my dear! :) ~Marian~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, somehow you always run into the weirdos! I feel sorry for that baby with a nutjob (& you know I don't mean just cuz she was there!) of a Mom, yikes! She is indeed lucky it was you she handed her off to instead of someone scary.

    Lol @ Boogie, now watch him resume chasing the cat tomorrow. ;o)

    ReplyDelete