Friday, November 19, 2010

3 Teenage Boys


My sweet little trained puppy has apparently hit his "teenage years." He has gone from a sweet little baby to a total spaz! So now I'm stuck with my 3 teenagers. Blaze, Joshua, and Boogie. Comes to know surprise they are all 3 driving me nuts. So I thought I'd take this time to focus on all the good in them.

Blaze is my oldest child. When I look at him I just see my sweet baby boy. The one with the chunky cheeks, big brown eyes, curly hair, and who NEVER missed an opportunity to seek out trouble. My baby boy... my 6'3" baby boy. As Blaze grew up he matured very quickly. He is a typical first born. Very responsible, organized, and dependable. I came home from the store one day and walked in his room. It was empty. No furniture, no bed... nothing. When I questioned him on where all his stuff was he said "Joshua's room and the hallway" To which I replied "umm why?" He was straight faced as could be when he said "I had clean my floors." That's dedication to cleaning those floors! When he stared school he struggled quite a bit with reading and speech. After several years on an IEP he was able to overcome all of that. He was determined and he accomplished it. He is now an honor roll student in honors classes. I'm so proud of him and how far he's come.

Joshua is my second born. He is a beautiful perfect ADHD mess! Just like his mama! Joshua has so much personality. People LOVE him and easily make a connection with him. He has the ability to think outside of the box. He just views the world in a different way. I love this about him. He puts a positive spin on everything. When we first got Boogie we had an issue with him... (ew) eating his poop. While I was disgusted and frustrated Joshua looked at me with the biggest smile on his face and said "well... at least he's nice enough to clean up after himself." While he can be difficult sometimes he makes me laugh, and smile every single day.

Boogie is my adopted sixth child. On August 23, 2010 we decided we were going to get a dog from rescue and give him a forever home. We got Boogie at 8 weeks old. Sweet tiny little fluffy baby. He would climb in my shirt and cuddle up on my chest. Boogie loves to play. He has the most adorable underbite. It cracks us up to see those bottom teeth sticking out. Katie fell asleep on the couch today and Boogie was so thrilled to be able to cuddle and nap with her he jumped up right on her head. He settled into a comfortable position next to her, cleaned her feet (ew again), and then cuddled right up with her. He keeps my feet warm at night and in the morning when Boogie wakes up he lays down right by my face and sniffs my nose and licks my face. I love Boogie so much. I wonder how we went so long without the love of a dog in the house.

With 3 teenage boys in the house I take comfort in the fact that I've have been able to get one of them Neutered. That's one less phone call from a furious teenage girl's father I have to worry about.

I love my boys. I'll never give up on them and they will all have a forever home with me... even if I'd like to put them all on Ebay once in awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly---I just love you! You are an inspiration to moms, grammas and everyone! I love how you find the good in every situation. Keep it up! I like to smile and/or laugh everyday and now, no matter how bad of a day I have, I know I can come here and read your stuff and know it will happen!

    Love you, my friend! Lisa

    ReplyDelete